I 👏 love 👏 thrifting 👏. I'm also nosey, which means I love to see what great finds other people have nailed down at their local consignment stores. The best place on the internet for me to fulfill this need is r/ThriftStoreHauls. Here are my 17 favorite things I've seen on the subreddit over the past year:
1. "An epic FB Marketplace find for $150. It's like a '90s Nickelodeon show fever dream."
2. "I found a locked safe for $15, and it was full of money, gold, and silver!"
3. "35 bucks at Goodwill. I've peaked."
4. "I've found interesting things in thrifted suit pockets before, but never $2,000 in cash."
5. "This old lady was selling her painted baby dolls at the flea market, and nobody had bought any. It was $20, but I couldn’t find it in me to haggle her down. She told me she made the suit by hand. My new fav office decoration!"
6. "Best $1 I've ever spent."
7. "I found these three gorgeous 1950s party dresses for $1 each at an estate sale!"
8. "I bought these fancy light switch plates for $2 a piece."
9. "I got this Bob Saget autograph for $14."
10. "Found this stack of books coffee table and brought it home immediately 📚."
11. "I found a Dyson fan and space heater 2-in-1 at the goodwill bins for $3. The specific model had a recall for overheating and catching fire. I called Dyson, and they replaced it with the next model (which retailed for $400-$500)."
12. "Lu was pleased with this $3 bed."
13. "I paid $14.99 for this 1970s RMIC hand chair."
14. "Thrift score of the century. These were on the 50% off shelf, so I spent $4.21 total on these babies!!!!! Literally near perfect condition."
15. "Got married in my $30 wedding dress. Thanks, Goodwill!"
16. "My $100 womb chair...it's most definitely a reproduction, but even those sell for $1,000-plus. I have officially peaked."
17. And finally, "I never would’ve thought that I’d see the white and gold dress in real life! And yet, here it was in a random thrift store."
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.