1. A bottle of Elizavecca hair treatment that's very famous on TikTok. Its blend of ceramides and collagen will add smoothness and shine to your hair in just five minutes, making it perfect for those of us who care about our hair but not enough to devote extra time to it.
See it on TikTok here.
Promising review: "I saw this on TikTok, and in between other comparable products that were four times the price, I decided to bite the bullet and buy this — let me tell you, best decision ever! I shampooed my hair, then heavily massaged this in, from ends to scalp. The carton says 5-20 minutes... But I ended up leaving it in for two days! And after washing it out, my hair was so shiny, bouncy and CURLY! My curl recovery journey has been long, but this has helped restore so much vibrance and shape to my hair. My mom has been stealing it from my bathroom every couple of days, after having similar results on her hair. Going to need to buy a few more to ward her off." —curlyhead3
Check out BuzzFeed's full review of the Elizavecca hair treatment for more deets!
Get a bottle from Amazon for $7.85.
2. A Cantu curling cream with a droolworthy ingredient list — I'm talking coconut oil, shea butter, almond oil, avocado oil, olive oil, and mango seed butter all stuffed into a jar of hydrating goodness. You can even use it on dry hair to revitalize your curls when you have zero time to jump in the shower.
Promising review: "You have to try it! I've been looking for something like this for a long time! I put it in my hair while it's still wet and go to bed with it in. In the morning, I literally don't have to touch my hair… It's already perfect as is! Wow!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $6.48.
3. A conditioning spray by Honest that'll detangle unruly hair with a blend of argan oil, shea butter, and quinoa extract. It also smells like a blend of orange and vanilla, so you'll be smelling and looking like a snack.
Promising review: "Ok. I’ve tried a plethora of hair detanglers for both of my daughters type 4c African American hair. I was very skeptical at first being that this is not marketed for such hair, but after seeing a YouTubers success with it, I decided to give it a shot. I am amazed. I sprayed a little bit on my daughters washed and dried hair; took the tangles and knots right out!!!!!! With ease. I will now stock up on these. This left her hair moisturized, but not too greasy and smelling great. I’m very impressed!" —Tiffany F.
Promising review: "This stuff is a holy grail product for me for a reason I wasn’t expecting! I bought this to keep in my beach bag for days out on the boat. My hair is always a tangled mess by the end of the day, so I thought this would help. It definitely helps with tangles, but it also has tamed my frizz so well that I use it every day now! I spray it on right out of the shower and comb through. I have also sprayed it on dry hair on days when I didn’t wash my hair. It’s fantastic!" —Chelsea
Get it from Amazon for $6.49.
4. A deeply conditioning TGIN hair mask with castor oil and biotin to promote hair growth and papaya to reduce shedding. You can leave it on for up to an hour for maximum results, so go ahead and throw on a sheet mask while you're at it.
The mask is designed to work for both low-porosity and high-porosity hair types, so it's a safe choice for anyone experiencing breakage and dryness.
Tgin (aka Thank God It's Natural) is a Black woman-owned business in Chicago.
Promising review: "My scalp felt invigorated after applying. I left the masque on overnight and when I rinsed the next morning my scalp felt refreshed and clean. I actually think this product also aided in elongating my curls. Hair looks hydrated as well! I plan to use every two weeks." —Dawn M.
Get it from Amazon for $15.99.
5. A Briogeo leave-in conditioning spray featuring coconut and argan oil to take your hair from matted, stringy, and tangled to smooth, wavy, and shiny.
The spray is designed for all hair types, though reviewers say a little goes a long way for straight, fine hair.
Promising review: "Use it on wet and dry hair. It’s my go to leave-in-conditioner. I always make sure to take a bottle when I travel. Leaves my hair soft." —Tellitall
Briogeo is a Black-owned, woman-owned business specializing in hair care.
6. A L'Oréal repairing hair treatment that takes just eight seconds — yes, eight seconds! — to repair damage and restore shine. Apply it after shampoo but before conditioner and let the amino acids and "lamellar water technology" work their magic to smooth your hair without weighing it down.
Promising review: "I don’t usually do reviews on products, but for this one I absolutely have to. I have 3c type hair and struggle with a lot a breakage, unmanageability, and moisture. When my mom mentioned this product to me, I didn’t take her seriously because of the simple fact that we have two completely different hair textures. I never would have thought this brand would work on my hair ... I have never in my 22 years felt my hair like this. I feel like I have a completely different head of hair. This product is so amazing and I will FOREVER be using this product in my hair regimen." —Theressa Hailey
Get it from Amazon for $8.97.
7. Or!! L'Oreal's Wonder Water in-shower detangler — it also takes just eight seconds to work its magic, but this formula is specifically focused on giving your tangle-free tresses. Just apply to wet hair, count to eight, then rinse out and marvel at your gloriously glassy hair.
The detangling formula will work best for long, straight hair, though it will still add shine to shorter, thicker hair types as well.
Promising review: "I was shocked with how amazing this product made my hair feel and look. I got compliments several times after using. It reduced the time it takes for me to dry, straighten and curl. Amazing." —Tami M.
Get it from Amazon for $8.09.
8. A popular Herstyler serum made with argan oil, vitamin E, and aloe vera to control frizz and give you a silky smooth sheen that'll practically glimmer when you step out into the sun. It's like the "glass skin" trend, but for your hair!
9. An OGX air-dry leave-in cream so you can get perfectly tousled waves without the use of any styling tools. It's perfect for fooling everyone into thinking you just came from a fancy salon when you barely had time to even brush your hair.
According to reviewers, this cream will add a slight bit of volume to thin, fine hair or enhance the waves in those with thick, curly hair.
Promising review: "I'm so grateful that I found this product. My hair is wavy and frizzy. Every once in a great while my waves resemble curls but the frizz is always there. I've only used this product one time so far and I never want to be without it. I put some on after towel drying (no brushing) my hair, and my waves actually resembled curls! It wasn't instant so I was skeptical but after about 15 minutes I caught a glimpse of my hair in the mirror and I was amazed. It looked styled rather than a ratty mess. I slept on it and it still looked great in the morning!!!" —mich0610
Get it from Amazon for $6.97.
10. Or Lottabody's super fluffy mousse if you're looking for a lightweight option to air-dry your way to perfectly defined curls. It absorbs super quickly, so it's a must for those days when you're already running late to work but still need some time to grab an iced coffee on the way.
Promising review: "I have permed hair with 3b curls, and this is the best mousse I have found! It does not leave my hair sticky or stiff, it’s very moisturizing, and the foam is a great consistency. The scent is light and pleasant, and this is my new go-to for both freshly washed hair or the day after re-boost. So glad I found this!" —Tonii
Get it from Amazon for $3.98.
11. John Frieda Brilliant Brunette shampoo so you can keep your shade of brown looking vibrant and glossy instead of dull and muted.
Reviewers with thin-to-wavy hair types seem to have the best results.
Promising review: "I purchased this shampoo, and my hair looks golden brown instead of brown with a lot of gray underneath. I didn't want the mess of coloring my own hair nor did I think I could do as good a job as my hairdresser, so I was so pleased that Frieda's Shampoo did the job. I definitely recommend this shampoo along with the Brilliant Brunette conditioner." —Dan Cremeans
Get it from Amazon for $8.99.
12. An Eden BodyWorks leave-in conditioner made with coconut oil and shea butter that not only moisturizes, but also helps clump curls together for some impressively bouncy volume. It's the closest you can get to having a live-in hairstylist for $8.
Eden BodyWorks is a Black woman-owned business established in 2004 that specializes in natural products to nurture, restore, and maintain hair. Reviewers with 2A through 4C hair mention it working well for them!
Promising review: "This product is soooo moisturizing! I have type 4b/4c hair with some 4a in the front and I’m low porosity, and my hair loves this product! The consistency is really nice and it smells good too. You don’t need a lot either." —Shanteshia
Get it from Amazon for $8.74.