4. “No, I don’t think you have to agree on silly things like who likes white meat and who likes dark meat, or who wants the thermostat set to 75 and who wants it set to 65. Temperament is important; temperature is not.”
— Mary, 58
8. “When you respect each other, emotionally and spiritually, the things that you or I or the church or the rabbi might classify as ‘dirty’ — I call that a deep connection. You have to be really connected with someone to have sex on the hood of a car.”
— Eddie, 41
13. “Don’t sit together when you go out to dinner with other people. In America, if you have a table of 10 people, they seat the couples together, which is a terrible idea
because A) you have nothing to talk about when you get home because you’ve been with each other the whole time. And B) there’s nothing more boring than sitting next to a couple that has this kind of insular feeling.”
— Paul, 38
15. “There is something absolutely divine — I mean, literally, the breath of God — in the ability to put someone else in your heart, to think of them first.
But from the time of the greatest pornographer who ever lived, Shakespeare, we’ve demanded that love be something more. No, fuck Shakespeare — since the Song of Songs! And what happens is, the utter grandeur and magnificence of what love actually is gets overshadowed by this disappointment that it’s not the way we fantasized it should be.”
— Jim, 55
- The US Commission on Civil Rights will visit the campsite where people have protested the Dakota Access Pipeline for months.
- Jury deadlocked in trial of Michael Slager, former South Carolina police officer charged with murder in fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- Donald Trump and his supporters have filed lawsuits to stop Jill Stein's vote recount in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.
- Mall of America, the largest mall in the country, is hosting its first ever black Santa 🎅🏿