1. Ear Cut Matches Gap in Ripper Letters
Research provided by Dale Larner, author of Vincent Alias Jack
Sept. 24 to Dec. 23, 1888
157 Ripper letters received during this time, with the longest gap of not receiving a letter being 5 days.
Dec. 23, 1888 to Jan. 8, 1889
16 day gap between receipt of Ripper letters.
Dec. 23, 1888 to Jan. 7, 1889
Van Gogh cut his ear on the night of Dec. 23 and was admitted to the hospital the next morning. He remained in the hospital until his release on Jan. 7. The 16 day gap in the Ripper letters matches to Van Gogh cutting his ear and being in the hospital, unable to send his Ripper letters. Vincent van Gogh was Jack the Ripper!
The book Vincent Alias Jack is not yet available, but you can see more matches and some of the hidden images at VincentAliasJack.com
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘