1. Ear Cut Matches Gap in Ripper Letters
Research provided by Dale Larner, author of Vincent Alias Jack
Sept. 24 to Dec. 23, 1888
157 Ripper letters received during this time, with the longest gap of not receiving a letter being 5 days.
Dec. 23, 1888 to Jan. 8, 1889
16 day gap between receipt of Ripper letters.
Dec. 23, 1888 to Jan. 7, 1889
Van Gogh cut his ear on the night of Dec. 23 and was admitted to the hospital the next morning. He remained in the hospital until his release on Jan. 7. The 16 day gap in the Ripper letters matches to Van Gogh cutting his ear and being in the hospital, unable to send his Ripper letters. Vincent van Gogh was Jack the Ripper!
The book Vincent Alias Jack is not yet available, but you can see more matches and some of the hidden images at VincentAliasJack.com
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Over 90 people have been arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩