If you're any kind of Star Wars fan, then you probably know about a lil' old film called The Empire Strikes Back — arguably, the best movie in the entire franchise.
And when you're filming the follow-up to the highest-grossing movie of all time, OBVIOUSLY, you're gonna go all out — so, production provided cast and crew with custom-made winter gear...
...including these legendary blue parka jackets.
And the blue parkas have since become something of a "holy grail" collectors item for die-hard Star Wars fans. Here's a few reasons why:
* Back in 1979, when making Empire, crew gear was NOT a thing that films made (not like it is today). So this was wildly unique for the time.
* There were only a few dozen of these jackets actually made.
* They were custom made by a local Norwegian company that no longer exists.
* When they DO come up for auction, they can sell for well over $7,000.
* And, ya know, it just looks so damn cool — there's a friggin' Darth Vader in flames patch on it!