2. Lena Dunham’s “Adam and Eve” SNL Skit
To capitalize on the continued craze for the Girls TV show, Lena Dunham recently appeared on SNL with this Adam and Eve skit. Oh, and she’s naked.
3. DARK EDEN (a new Adam and Eve on an Alien Planet)
Best science fiction of 2014, according to the Arthur C. Clarke award. Dark Eden by Chris Beckett is a dark, lyrical novel set a few hundred years after two astronauts get stuck on a sunless planet and decide to copulate and populate, Adam and Eve-style. (You gotta read it…. Excerpt available here.)
8. Northern Exposure
Remember that show? (Well, maybe not, but my parents were huge fans.) Anyway, recurring character Adam (foodie and master chef) was married to hypochondriac Eve and—fun fact—when they got pregnant, main character Dr. Fleischman teased them by asking whether they will call the baby Cain or Abel.
12. Blast from the Past (1999)
Brendan Fraser, Alicia Silverstone, Christopher Walken, and the threat of nuclear war.
13. Futurama Nails It
“Maybe you and I were meant to build a new world here.”
“We can avoid humanity’s mistakes.”
“Like the tuba!…”
“And we’ll beget little Zack Junior and Leila Junior and they’ll beget kids of their…yech! Is that really what happened in the Bible?”
Watch it here.
14. His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman
The book is mainly about Lyra and her quest to fulfill the prophecy of a girl who is “destined to bring about the end of destiny” at the expense of a great betrayal, for which she earns the unironic nickname Eve.
Interesting fact 1: In a reversal of the original Eve story, she does this by bringing about an end to death.
Interesting fact 2: Lyra’s original surname, Belacqua, is the name of a character in Dante’s Divine Comedy, a soul in the ante-purgatory, representing those who wait until the last opportunity before turning to God.
18. And drum roll, please… Johnny Carson and Betty White
“I notice you don’t mind the apple cider once you let it get hard.”
“Hey let me put it this way: I have to drink Eve; you’ve had a headache ever since the creator said ‘Let there be light!’”
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- More than two dozen people were injured after a car crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade on Saturday, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. Yesterday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, who fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱