1. She was cool by not being cool.
Scully had a degree in physics, wrote her thesis on Einstein’s Twin Paradox, and stayed in on a Friday night to write a paper called “Diminished Acetylcholine Production in Recidivist Offenders.” All while rocking those adorable glasses.
6. She had the best cry face.
When she broke down and cried, which happened ALL THE TIME in the last two seasons, it was like being stabbed in the heart by those huge ice picks they used to kill the shapeshifting aliens. Scully sacrificed a lot on her quest to find the truth, you guys.
8. She made us really hate bees.
Just as Mulder and Scully are FINALLY about to kiss in Fight the Future, Scully is stung by a bee that infects her with an alien virus, she gets abducted, and Mulder has to find the vaccine and go to Antarctica to save her. Fucking bees, right?
9. She gave birth to a miracle, maybe-alien baby.
Despite being told that she’s barren, Scully discovers that she’s pregnant at the end of season seven. We’re kept guessing about the father’s identity for all of season eight (hint: it’s Mulder) and she gives birth to a superhuman baby with alien DNA or something. She names him William, and he’s real cute.
- The Democratic National Convention starts Monday and it's already off to a rocky start. Here's what you need to know 🇺🇸🔔
- Russia won't be banned from the Rio Olympics but its athletes need to pass new anti-doping tests to compete, the IOC ruled.
- Chris Froome has won the Tour de France. He's the first Brit to win the cycling race three times 🚴