1. Paw Patrol is the latest in a long line of kids shows that rely on incredibly stupid adults to drive the plot. At the top of list is the mayor. In this episode Alex offers to help row the boat, so she just puts down her oar and lets them go in circles...
2. Here's Capt'n Turbot, who should have his boating license revoked due to extreme stupidity. He is a threat to marine life everywhere.
3. Please watch as this ~boat captain~ rushes to get a photo of a bird and falls off his boat. Pretty much every episode with Turbot involves him or someone else falling off his boat.
4. He also has a French cousin named Francois who was literally juggling when he was first introduced.
5. That's the adults. Now for the pups themselves. First off, not all pups are created equal.
6. Technically, Rocky has a recycling truck rather than a garbage truck, but he definitely got a bum deal. What kind of rescue operation needs a recycling truck?
7. All the pups have cool gadgets in their pup packs, but the sole original female pup, Skye, just has a pair of wings. So instead of flying a helicopter she can... fly. Why no gadgets for Skye? Why only one female? And why so pink, Paw Patrol?
8. Even Ryder's ATV transforms into a jet ski when he needs it. He's not one of the rescue pups!
Somebody needs to speak up for Skye amid all of this pup patriarchy.
9. In the second season they did add a second female pup, Everest. She's cute! And in almost no episodes...
10. Yet they instantly had a line of Everest toys ready to be sold.
11. The merchandising is out of control. The show has barely been on for three years and Amazon lists over THREE THOUSAND Paw Patrol products.
12. They keep adding new gadgets and characters that expand the product line. The Lookout was apparently not enough for the team, so Ryder had to go out and get a gigantic truck called the Paw Patroller. It sells for $68.70 USD.
13. Now the Paw Patrol can go on road trips to different places! Translation: By just the second season the writing team ran out of story ideas based in Adventure Bay — the world they created from scratch.
14. Let's be honest: Marshall is kind of a fuck-up.
15. And Ryder is a shitty CGI version of Astro Boy.
He's also a gadget-obsessed techbro who will probably grow up to found a ridiculous startup.