3. Chloe Sevigny loses to Angelina Morticia Jolie.
CS gave the performance of a life time in ‘Boys Don’t Cry’ (alongside Swank’s equally brilliant acting) while AJ, in ‘Girl, Interrupted’ died her hair blonde and yelled for 2 hours. And then she showed up in a Halloween costume and made out with her brother.
5. Hugh Jackman loses to Daniel Day-Lewis.
Look, I was skeptical at first, too. But this performance is everything.
8. ‘Crash’ beats ‘Brokeback Mountain.’
This oddly racist look at racism randomly beat the glorious and profound ‘Brokeback Mountain.’
9. Sandra Bullock wins for ‘The Blind Side.’
Now don’t get me wrong. Getting drunk on white wine and watching this with your mom is a FANTASTIC idea. But it’s certainly not Oscar material.
11. Snubbing Jim Carrey for ‘Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.’
Kate Winslet was rightfully nominated but poor JC got the cold shoulder.
12. Nominating ‘The Help’ or ‘Precious’ for anything ever.
These movies were alarmingly racist and poorly made.
14. ‘The Descendants’ losing, like, everything to ‘The Artist.’
Don’t get me wrong, ‘The Artist’ was lovely. But this movie is genuinely brilliant and special.
19. Just the fact that ‘Chicago’ happened.
When I think singing and dancing, the first people that come to mind are Richard Gere, Renee Zellweger, and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
- Despite Democrats threatening to filibuster, Republicans are confident Neil Gorsuch will be confirmed to the Supreme Court next week.
- Lyft has started testing a shuttle service in San Francisco and Chicago.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- The first official trailer for the latest adaptation of Stephen King's iconic novel "It" has dropped, and it's the creepiest thing you'll see all year.