1. Even as a youngin he had power
“I can make things move without touching them. I can make animals do what I want without training them. I can make bad things happen to people who are mean to me. I can make them hurt if I want to…I can speak to snakes too. They find me, they whisper to me. ”
Well seems to me if I could do any of that, I would be walking around the playground making the others bow down or face my wrath.
2. He always stands up for himself
Remember you childhood and how much it sucked? Now think about having to do it without any parents, in the 1930s, and living in an orphanage. With no one to look out for him Little Tommy had to take care of himself
Any questions contact Dennis Bishop and Amy Benson and see if they will ever pick on Tommy Boy again. Oh thats right they haven’t exactly been speaking much since the trip to the cave.
3. He was an excellent student
“When I first met young Mr. Riddle, he was a quiet albeit brilliant boy, committed to becoming a first rate wizard.” -Slughorn
4. He solves unsolvable mysteries
“It is a myth! It does not exist! There is not a shred of evidence that Slytherin ever built so much as a secret broom cupboard! I regret telling you such a foolish story!”
— Professor Binns
Hogwarts has been around since the 9th or 10th century and no one had found the Chamber of Secrets until Tom in the 1900’s? Kudos Tom Kudos
5. He knows what he wants
“Surely you didn’t think I was going to keep my filthy Muggle father’s name? No. I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak, when I became the greatest sorcerer in the world!”
A bold claim for a 16 year old but hey you do you
6. He’s wicked smart
Seriously an anagram? That is pretty intense stuff. Try and come up with one for your name and I bet it doesn’t even come close. Don’t lie you geeked TF out when you read this for the first time.
7. He was Head Boy
With this on his resume some may consider him too much of a goody goody to be the most feared Dark Lord in centuries but he made it work for him
8. He knows how to handle the haters
“Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies. You must know this, Dumbledore.”
Well that is one way to deal with accusations that you are a murdering psychopath…and gosh he’s always so casual
9. He creates chaos for everyone but himself
“You don’t know who his supporters are, you don’t know who’s working for him and who isn’t; you know he can control people so that they do terrible things without being able to stop themselves. You’re scared for yourself, and your family, and your friends. Every week, news comes of more deaths, more disappearances, more torturing… the Ministry of Magic’s in disarray, they don’t know what to do, they’re trying to keep everything hidden from the Muggles, but meanwhile, Muggles are dying too. Terror everywhere… panic… confusion… that’s how it used to be.”
10. He has powerful friends
Although we are all loathe to admit it he had some pretty powerful supporters. The LeStranges, Malfoys, Snape….etc. It’s a pretty exclusive club
11. He inspires loyalty
Through grand orations and vast displays of power he built an army
12. He brings together Special Interest Groups
Step aside Capital Hill Lobbyists, good old Voldy is doing it much better. To capture one 17 year old he united Giants, Werewolves, and Dementors.
And despite how furry Fenrir is, I don’t think he is all that cuddly
13. HE GLIDES
14. He eliminates all potential threats
….or at least tries
15. He has support from all over the place
He’s allegedly been dead for years yet I still wrote him in on the last presidential ballot and apparently so did some republicans?
16. Most importantly
He is considerate of Harry’s education waiting until the end of every school year to get in his kill attempt for the year
- A few weeks ago, he was Trump's national security adviser. Now Mike Flynn is seeking immunity for testifying on the Trump campaign's alleged ties to Russia.
- The White House refuses to deny a report saying Trump administration officials gave the House intelligence chairman classified information.
- The controversial HB2 "bathroom law" in North Carolina was partially repealed, but LGBT activists say the repeal legislation still allows discrimination.
- SpaceX has launched and landed a recycled rocket for the first time. It's a big step towards making space flight cheaper ♻️🚀