1. First of three telegrams sent to the Secretary of the Post Office by Ismay Imrie & Co., owners of the White Star Line, soon after the disaster.
2. Second of three telegrams sent, saying all passengers had been transfered to the SS Virginian. This error was reported in the American press as well as the Daily Mirror the day after the disaster.
3. Third telegram sent after Imsay Imrie & Co. got the real news says “about 675 souls” were saved. The actual number was 710.
4. Titantic owner Bruce Ismay, shown here portrayed by Jonathan Hyde in Titanic, is considered one of the biggest cowards in history for sneaking aboard a lifeboat.
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres has died at 93. He was the country's longest-serving politician and statesman.
- Monday night's first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was a horse show for undecided voters.
- The White House tried to stop Congress from publicly blaming Russia for election-related cyberattacks, BuzzFeed News has learned.