1. First of three telegrams sent to the Secretary of the Post Office by Ismay Imrie & Co., owners of the White Star Line, soon after the disaster.
2. Second of three telegrams sent, saying all passengers had been transfered to the SS Virginian. This error was reported in the American press as well as the Daily Mirror the day after the disaster.
3. Third telegram sent after Imsay Imrie & Co. got the real news says “about 675 souls” were saved. The actual number was 710.
4. Titantic owner Bruce Ismay, shown here portrayed by Jonathan Hyde in Titanic, is considered one of the biggest cowards in history for sneaking aboard a lifeboat.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- A right-leaning nonprofit is planning to place news articles critical of Clinton in black newspapers ahead of the election 📰
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘