1. First of three telegrams sent to the Secretary of the Post Office by Ismay Imrie & Co., owners of the White Star Line, soon after the disaster.
2. Second of three telegrams sent, saying all passengers had been transfered to the SS Virginian. This error was reported in the American press as well as the Daily Mirror the day after the disaster.
3. Third telegram sent after Imsay Imrie & Co. got the real news says “about 675 souls” were saved. The actual number was 710.
4. Titantic owner Bruce Ismay, shown here portrayed by Jonathan Hyde in Titanic, is considered one of the biggest cowards in history for sneaking aboard a lifeboat.
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.