One of Pasha’s more famous works: oversized glasses with one arm made from a lamppost, the rest drawn in snow.
He was given the name “Russian Banksy” by the British press. He didn’t like it, because he had been producing his own work for 14 years, well before he had heard of Banksy.
2. “Instigators of Bridges”
A rioter with a flare on an overpass.
At night, flames were lit on the piece.
At a Moscow bus stop.
6. Pulp Fiction
Girl hanging Christmas balls on barbed wire.
Pasha did most of his work in and around Moscow.
10. Riot Police
Riot police on subway doors.
Armed surveillance camera of the future?
My favorite piece.
12. Pasha 183
Lenta.ru reports his real name may have been Pasha Andropov.
They also stated that no details were available on his death.
All photos via adme.ru, except where indicated.
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, prompting praise from pro-Trump unions.
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer dodged multiple questions at today's White House briefing on Donald Trump's false claim that millions of illegal immigrants voted in the election.
- White supremacist Richard Spencer rented space in Alexandria, Virginia, that he intends to use as a hub for the alt-right, sparking outrage and complaints from neighbors.
- And the 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture are: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," "Hidden Figures," "Hacksaw Ridge," "Manchester by the Sea," "Lion," "Fences," and "Hell or High Water" 🎥 🎬
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.