1. The first ad from the campaign. 1980.
The campaign started around 1980, and ran for some 1500+ executions (the longest running pure campaign in history),
All of the ads were created by New York City agency TBWA (now TBWA\CHIAT\DAY). And almost all the ads were created without Photoshop.
Why they stopped it, in the early 2000s, is — to put in the campaign’s term — an ABSOLUT FUCKING MYSTERY.
In ad lingo, a good campaign idea is said to “have legs.”
The Absolut campaign was a fucking millipede.
2. The early ads were simplier, bottled-focused.
10. Political ad.
12. Then they started playing with shapes.
21. They did Chrismas well.
25. They did sports.
29. But the most popular part of the campaign was the location ads.
See almost ALL the Absolut ads here:
Absolut Ad has nearly every execution from the campaign, in alphabetical order.
- Donald Trump claims Google's search engine was biased in burying bad news about his rival Hillary Clinton.
- A teenager was taken into custody Wednesday after he shot two students and one teacher at an elementary school in South Carolina.
- "Hamilton" pulled back the curtain on race and Broadway, but these actors show how far theater still has to go 🎭