1. The first ad from the campaign. 1980.
The campaign started around 1980, and ran for some 1500+ executions (the longest running pure campaign in history),
All of the ads were created by New York City agency TBWA (now TBWA\CHIAT\DAY). And almost all the ads were created without Photoshop.
Why they stopped it, in the early 2000s, is — to put in the campaign’s term — an ABSOLUT FUCKING MYSTERY.
In ad lingo, a good campaign idea is said to “have legs.”
The Absolut campaign was a fucking millipede.
2. The early ads were simplier, bottled-focused.
10. Political ad.
12. Then they started playing with shapes.
21. They did Chrismas well.
25. They did sports.
29. But the most popular part of the campaign was the location ads.
See almost ALL the Absolut ads here:
Absolut Ad has nearly every execution from the campaign, in alphabetical order.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- Countries from around the world have agreed that the Ross Sea in Antarctica will become the world's largest marine protected area.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀