1. The first ad from the campaign. 1980.
The campaign started around 1980, and ran for some 1500+ executions (the longest running pure campaign in history),
All of the ads were created by New York City agency TBWA (now TBWA\CHIAT\DAY). And almost all the ads were created without Photoshop.
Why they stopped it, in the early 2000s, is — to put in the campaign’s term — an ABSOLUT FUCKING MYSTERY.
In ad lingo, a good campaign idea is said to “have legs.”
The Absolut campaign was a fucking millipede.
2. The early ads were simplier, bottled-focused.
10. Political ad.
12. Then they started playing with shapes.
21. They did Chrismas well.
25. They did sports.
29. But the most popular part of the campaign was the location ads.
See almost ALL the Absolut ads here:
Absolut Ad has nearly every execution from the campaign, in alphabetical order.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.