1. 2nd Quarter — BEST: Cars.com
Only because: baybee wolfie.
2. 2nd Quarter — WORST: Volkswagen
Not because it is racist, or “black face with voices” as the esteemed New York Times columnist Charles Blow (not Stuart Elliott) called it. No. It’s the worst because it’s yet another in a long line of commercials that presents the modern day office environment as just a step or two above that of 1984. So fucking depressing.
Also, it doesn’t sell the VW Beetle a lick.
- President Trump addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, where he lashed out at the media and defended his agenda.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳