1. 2nd Quarter — BEST: Cars.com
Only because: baybee wolfie.
2. 2nd Quarter — WORST: Volkswagen
Not because it is racist, or “black face with voices” as the esteemed New York Times columnist Charles Blow (not Stuart Elliott) called it. No. It’s the worst because it’s yet another in a long line of commercials that presents the modern day office environment as just a step or two above that of 1984. So fucking depressing.
Also, it doesn’t sell the VW Beetle a lick.
- Smash hit "Hamilton" received 16 Tony Award nominations, breaking the record held by "The Producers" and "Billy Elliot" 🎤
- Indiana votes on Tuesday, and it could be Ted Cruz's last big chance to end Trump's winning streak in the U.S. presidential race 🇺🇸
- A judge in Brazil has ordered WhatsApp blocked for 72 hours over the messaging service's recently encrypted data ❌📲