This Dior Homme “Unceonsored” video ad has, as of this posting, 3.5 million views in less than three days.
Here’s my review words: “staggeringly unoriginal” “stultifyingly boring”
It looks and feels exactly like a hundred black & white fashion “film” ads I’ve seen in the last ten years, one recent example: Calvin Klein’s Rooney Mara ad.
The Dior video, which co-stars French model Camille Rowe, is directed by Romain Gavras, the son of a great movie maker.
That’s just the beginning of the cliche parade.
2. On the roof of a cheap hotel, for no reason. He’s just a “rebel.”
3. In a bathtub with his clothes on. edgy.
4. Making out in an elevator. He’s dangerous.
5. Crashing a hoity-toity conservative party, and receiving withering glances of disapproval.
6. Running on cheap hotel’s rooftop for no reason = “rebel”
7. Driving sports car (vintage BMW) on beach.
8. On another roof, this time in the city, again for no reason. INTROSPECTIVE “rebel.”
9. Jumping into pool, again with clothes on. ‘My perfectly-fitting designer clothes mean nothing to me because I’m a victim of consumerism.’
10. I am, like, so disaffected, disconnected, discombobulated, discontented…
11. I am R Patzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀