This Dior Homme “Unceonsored” video ad has, as of this posting, 3.5 million views in less than three days.
Here’s my review words: “staggeringly unoriginal” “stultifyingly boring”
It looks and feels exactly like a hundred black & white fashion “film” ads I’ve seen in the last ten years, one recent example: Calvin Klein’s Rooney Mara ad.
The Dior video, which co-stars French model Camille Rowe, is directed by Romain Gavras, the son of a great movie maker.
That’s just the beginning of the cliche parade.
2. On the roof of a cheap hotel, for no reason. He’s just a “rebel.”
3. In a bathtub with his clothes on. edgy.
4. Making out in an elevator. He’s dangerous.
5. Crashing a hoity-toity conservative party, and receiving withering glances of disapproval.
6. Running on cheap hotel’s rooftop for no reason = “rebel”
7. Driving sports car (vintage BMW) on beach.
8. On another roof, this time in the city, again for no reason. INTROSPECTIVE “rebel.”
9. Jumping into pool, again with clothes on. ‘My perfectly-fitting designer clothes mean nothing to me because I’m a victim of consumerism.’
10. I am, like, so disaffected, disconnected, discombobulated, discontented…
11. I am R Patzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
- Blue Lies Matter: How video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- A former "Apprentice" contestant has filed a lawsuit against Trump for calling her a liar over sexual assault allegations.
- You can now dig through the CIA's secret history. 12 million declassified docs are on the internet for all to see 🤓📚