The suit was aimed at stopping McDonald’s from using toys to market to children. Here’s the competing quotes. First Mickey D’s spokesperson Danya Proud:
“As we have maintained throughout these proceedings, we believe this lawsuit is without merit and detracts from the important issue of children’s health and nutrition. We are proud of our Happy Meals and will vigorously defend our brand, our reputation and our food. We stand on our 30-year track record of providing a fun experience for kids and families at McDonald’s.”
And the Center for the Science in the Public Interest, who filed the suit on behalf of Sacramento mother of two Monet Parham:
“McDonald’s must stop exploiting children at some point. Using toys, of all things, to lure young children to fast-food meals is not responsible corporate behavior. It’s a predatory practice that undermines parents, causes rifts in families and harms kids’ health.”
3. Here’s a map of every McDonald’s in the lower 48.
- An armed militant group is urging its members to patrol polling stations on election day, a move the group's leaders say is aimed at preventing voter fraud.
- As a bitter civil war in Yemen shows no signs of stopping, nearly 14 million people are struggling to feed themselves every day.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- Apple is expected to unveil a handful of updates to its Mac line today, including a new MacBook Pro📱 🍎