1. The Woman of Now — “Putting me feelers out letting my feelings out…”
The Australian videos have been online since January, but the spots apparently got their big stage debut over the weekend during Wimbledon.
And, my goodness, are these two people fucking annoying.
I scoffed heartily when I saw Arwa Mahdawi’s Guardian article about the spots titled, Is this the most irritating ad ever?
But, these two insufferable “Now” People are even worse.
She’s pretty and jiggly, but not too pretty and jiggly.
He’s a less attractive Jake Gyllenhaal.
And you watch, wishing they both would be picked off by assassin snipers.
It’s of course, not all their fault.
The ad writer-poet of these rhyming marching mantras — and KIA — also deserve several headdesks.
Pro tip: watch the spots as Funny Or Die parodies, and they’re actually really funny.
(Note: Just to make the spots even more irritating, notice that the two pass each other in each other’s commercial.)
Ad agency: Innocean Worldwide Australia.
3. The Man of Now — “I wear after shave I wear the blame…”
- Monday night's presidential debate may be the last hope for environmental activists who want climate in the national conversation.
- Miami Marlins star pitcher José Fernández has died in a boating accident. He was 24.
- US officials have determined al-Qaeda likely influenced suspected New York City bomber Ahmad Khan Rahami.