Researcher and artist Nickolay Lamm, working with Dr. Alan Kwan, who holds a Ph.D. in computational genomics from Washington University, has imagined what our faces might look like in the distant future.
According to Dr. Kwan, the changes might include:
• a larger head to accommodate a larger brain
• larger nostrils for easier breathing in off-planet environments
• denser hair to contain heat loss from a larger head
• eyes getting larger, as attempts to colonize Earth’s solar system and beyond see people living in dimmer environments farther away from a sun
• skin becoming more pigmented to lessen the damage from harmful UV radiation
Go to Forbes to see what our faces will look in 20,000 and 60,000 years.
3. The test faces.
- The man suspected of shooting and killing five people in a Washington mall is now in custody, officials said.
- Charlotte police have released video of Keith Lamont Scott's shooting and photos of a gun they say he had loaded.
- Kim Kardashian said she is voting for Hillary Clinton after being quoted saying she was "on the fence."