1. Putting “100 years old” in a cig ad, oh how devious.
2. Most people are familiar with this classic ad. Note that the number has been “certified.”
3. Doctors doctors, everywhere…
4. Sure, throw a dentist in the mix, too.
5. “A feeling of well-being” — the “for digestion’s sake” was a long-running Camel campaign that featured many athletes.
6. This is my favorite “for digestion’s sake” ad. A smoking smoke-eater.
7. The cure for the common cold (see nurse’s copy).
8. Gotta stay ahead of your fat, tar-colored doppelgänger.
10. More fat, tar-colored ghosts. The appetite suppressing properties of tobacco haven’t gone out of style, of course.
11. Pall Mall produced a series of ads with illustrations of healthy-looking fruit to sell their taste.
13. “No curative power is claimed…but” we’re going to claim it anyway.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food to Faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Donald Trump's presidency.
- Several people are trapped after an avalanche buried an Italian hotel Wednesday night following a succession of earthquakes.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JPMorgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸