19. There’s a saying: ‘Marry in April if you can, joy for maiden and for man’
So… April it is!
27. The last dance is called the ‘Bride dance’ in which guests take turns to dance with the bride and then donate some money to the couple.
The money is collected by a family friend with an apron. The bride’s father is first and the groom is last. He is expected to put down his whole wallet!
29. ‘Blackening the bride and groom’ consists of throwing gunk at the soon-to-be-married couple.
The ceremony helps brings couples together- since they are covered in disgusting, smelly stuff and no one else would want to get close to them, they are brought closer together and can understand what the other is going through much better than anyone else thus cementing their bond.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign was reportedly hacked as part of what appears to be a broad cyber attack on Democrats.
- A federal court struck down North Carolina's voting restrictions, ruling they intentionally made it harder for black people to vote.
- Four people in Florida are likely the first to contract the Zika virus from mosquitos in the US, the state's governor says.