19. There’s a saying: ‘Marry in April if you can, joy for maiden and for man’
So… April it is!
27. The last dance is called the ‘Bride dance’ in which guests take turns to dance with the bride and then donate some money to the couple.
The money is collected by a family friend with an apron. The bride’s father is first and the groom is last. He is expected to put down his whole wallet!
29. ‘Blackening the bride and groom’ consists of throwing gunk at the soon-to-be-married couple.
The ceremony helps brings couples together- since they are covered in disgusting, smelly stuff and no one else would want to get close to them, they are brought closer together and can understand what the other is going through much better than anyone else thus cementing their bond.
- President Barack Obama credited disaster officials for their swift reponse during his tour of flood-ravaged Louisiana.
- Stanford has banned hard liquor at on-campus undergraduate student parties in wake of the Brock Turner scandal.
- Facebook says it mistakenly suspended 2 libertarian groups. It's the network's latest case of suddenly removing content.