3. Wear white to scare away bad spirits.
6. Watch Jools Holland’s Hootenanny, even though it’s awful and everyone hates it.
11. Immediately after the bells, the first-footing begins, which means being the first person across a friend’s or neighbor’s threshold.
The first-foot usually brings several gifts, including perhaps a coin, bread, salt, coal, or a whisky, which respectively represent financial prosperity, food, flavor, warmth, and good cheer.
14. Write down a wish on a piece of paper, burn it, throw it into a champagne glass, and drink it before 12:01.
Gross but fun!
- Barack Obama became the first sitting U.S. president to visit the site of the atomic bombing in Hiroshima, Japan. The "memory of August 6, 1945 must never fade."
- A Silicon Valley college faked grades, dodged immigration authorities, and made a fortune, BuzzFeed News has found 💰🎓
- Twenty-three athletes who competed in the 2012 Olympic Games in London have failed retrospective doping tests, officials say.