3. Wear white to scare away bad spirits.
6. Watch Jools Holland’s Hootenanny, even though it’s awful and everyone hates it.
11. Immediately after the bells, the first-footing begins, which means being the first person across a friend’s or neighbor’s threshold.
The first-foot usually brings several gifts, including perhaps a coin, bread, salt, coal, or a whisky, which respectively represent financial prosperity, food, flavor, warmth, and good cheer.
14. Write down a wish on a piece of paper, burn it, throw it into a champagne glass, and drink it before 12:01.
Gross but fun!
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 247 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- US Soccer suspended Hope Solo for 6 months after she called Sweden's team "cowards" during the Rio Olympics ❌⚽️
- Donald Trump's campaign paid a Barnes & Noble $55,055 to buy more than 3,500 hardcover copies of his book.