3. Wear white to scare away bad spirits.
6. Watch Jools Holland’s Hootenanny, even though it’s awful and everyone hates it.
11. Immediately after the bells, the first-footing begins, which means being the first person across a friend’s or neighbor’s threshold.
The first-foot usually brings several gifts, including perhaps a coin, bread, salt, coal, or a whisky, which respectively represent financial prosperity, food, flavor, warmth, and good cheer.
14. Write down a wish on a piece of paper, burn it, throw it into a champagne glass, and drink it before 12:01.
Gross but fun!
- Donald Trump claims Google's search engine was biased in burying bad news about his rival Hillary Clinton.
- More than 100 people are reportedly injured after a commuter train crashed into a New Jersey Transit station in Hoboken on Thursday morning.
- Asos workers at the heart of its global retail empire say they're being treated like machines to deliver fast fashion.