1. Opening lines should be be engaging and non-threatening. So, like, not this:
2. Or this:
3. Seriously, it's never a bad idea to just ask how she's doing — unless you're only "asking" how she's doing to make a dumb sex joke.
4. Remember: Tinder messaging is a low-stakes interaction, so you shouldn't spend too much time worrying about crafting the perfect opener! That said, you should worry about being gross.
5. Be the best version of yourself! You know, the version of yourself that doesn't open with gross shit like this:
6. Pro tip: Talk about your interests! But just not like this:
7. Being direct is almost always a good idea! Unless being direct involves the phrase "all I want from this is to get nudes of you."
8. If you get to the place where you both want to meet up, pick a place where you feel comfortable! But that place should also be a place where your date can feel comfortable too. So, like, not your bed:
9. If meeting someone you met online makes you nervous, try to arrange a group date! Just remember that threesomes ≠ group dates.
10. Struggling to come up with things to talk about? Just remember that talking to someone on Tinder is not really that different from talking to them in person... which means, like, don't do this:
11. Or this:
12. Or this:
13. And this? Absolutely not! Like, Jesus Christ, were you raised by wolves?
14. And, finally, last but not least: always remember to spell check!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!