1. For being a free taxi service.
2. For sitting through marching band competitions in terrible weather.
3. They can rhinestone ANYTHING.
4. The tons of money they spent on you so you could spin.
5. The props they built to complete your director's vision, no matter how painstakingly complicated they are.
6. If you're a really lucky director or instructor, you have parents that work as your photographer and videographer
7. You KNOW your first aid.
8. You come to competitions equipped with emergency supplies.
9. You are willing to sit through hours of other color guards and indoor percussion because your kid's guard got there really early to rehearse outside.
10. If you work in the medical field and you're a parent of an instructor or student, expect at least one panicked phone call per season asking for your professional medical opinion.
11. If you didn't know how to sew, you probably do now.
12. There's nothing like watching your kid perform their heart out.
13. What it comes down to is basically that we couldn't do it without you!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!