1. In the beginning, you could buy large servings of soda and sugary drinks in New York City.
3. This got a lot of people upset.
4. Like, really upset.
5. To many, it seemed like overreaching, with city government going too far.
6. Opponents argue that the answer to obesity can be found in more exercise.
8. And through eating a balanced, healthy diet.
9. But then, the Mayor’s plans came crashing down.
10. Because New York Supreme Court Judge Milton Tingling invalidated the ban.
16. Meanwhile, New Yorkers are free to unabashedly slurp away.
- Random sampling doesn't quite work like it used to, and that could be a big problem political polling.
- There are no signs of terrorism in the Washington mall shooting that killed 5 people, the FBI says. The gunman is still at large.
- Police in Uganda blocked a pride parade, after the country's ethics minister warned such a demonstration would be illegal.