1. “Just remember these two things: she’s nineteen years old, and the 82nd Airborne works for me.”
Like when Charlie Young wanted to date his daughter.
2. “Mothers are standing in front of tanks. And we’re going to go get their backs.”
Of like when some really awful stuff was going on abroad.
3. “This was made for my family by a Boston silversmith named Paul Revere. I’m proud of you, Charlie.”
Or like when he gave a staffer an old knife and was like “oh yeah Paul Revere made it for me NBD.”
4. “Shut it down”
Like the time he invented the political equivalent of dropping the mic.
5. Bartlet’s first line: “I am the Lord your God, thou shalt worship no other god before me. Boy, those were the days, huh?”
Or like that time he made everyone think he was God.
6. “Colonel, this is the president. I’m ready to go.” (Air Force One begins takeoff)
Or this classic where he just picks up a phone and his airplane starts moving that instant. No waiting at the gate for the Prez.
7. “What’s next?”
Or like the time he just dealt with a bunch of really heavy, important stuff and instead of saying “I’m going to go binge watch Mad Men and take a nap because I’ve earned it” he just keeps working.
8. “That’s how I beat him.”
Or like that time he epically schooled this talk radio host and then tells Toby (who asked him earlier how he beat a former political opponent) that THAT, in fact, was how he did it all those years ago.
9. “We start working to beat this guy right now.”
Or like the time when he just totally had it with Republicans beating up on his record and he decides it’s time to go into action and defend his legacy.
10. “You’re looking at him.”
Or like that time everyone way FREAKING out because of a nuclear reactor melting down and he just goes “chill, I got this.”
11. “This plane is going to China. That is a direct order from your commander-in-chief.”
Or that time the guy was PARALYZED and still ordered his plane to take him to China for a summit.
12. Yeah. And I’m gonna win.”
Like the time he was asked if he was going to run for office and he doesn’t just say yes he calls the shot. (Bonus points for doing it to Dire Straits’ Brothers In Arms).
13. “When the President stands, nobody sits.”
Remember that time he epically schooled the talk radio host using Bible verses FROM MEMORY? Yeah, he did that then when she refused to stand up when he entered the room, he handed her this little number.
14. “Well, thanks for trying. Here I am anyway.”
Oh yeah, or like the time when he fired an ambassador who then decided to make Bartlet feel bad by confessing he didn’t vote for him. Does he look upset here? Even a little?
15. “If you lie…you’re finished with me, you understand?”
Real talk: POTUS lays it down for a young staffer about the importance of not lying to federal investigators..
16. “‘Unfunded mandate’ is two words, not one big word.”
After his campaign opponent said that unfunded mandate was “a big word” that Bartlet would throw around, Bartlet unloads some grammar on him during a debate.
17. “I screwed you on that one.”
Straight talker from early on.
18. “I’m ready.”
That time in the airport terminal when he finally decides he’s “ready’ to become President. Huge.
19. “In the future, if you’re wondering: ‘Crime. Boy, I don’t know,’ is when I decided to kick your ass.”
His opponent made a really thoughtless remark about crime, and Bartlet sent this right back at him. Show stopper.
20. When you walk out of here, there’ll be people out there, perhaps a great many, who’ll think of you as a hero. I just don’t for a moment want you thinking I’ll be one of them.
When he fires a staffer, Bartlet is clear about his true feelings. Harsh.
22. “And those that didn’t die want a better life. And they want it here. Talk about impressive. My point is this: break’s over.
When a group of refugees makes it to America’s shore’s, Bartlet reminds his staff that things could be going A LOT worse for them. Like, a lot.
So many feelings here. His wife Abbey asks what he is thinking about as they leave Washington for the last time.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏