3. DOMA and Prop 8 Are Struck Down
Because Love not Hate.
4. Nancy Pelosi Says What She Really Thinks About Michelle Bachmann
5. The Senate Joins the 21st Century
Democratic Senators decided they’d had enough, and went nuclear.
10. Mark Takano Is First to Vine a Bill Submission
Mark Takano isn’t just a first-term Democrat. He’s also congress’ only LGBT person of color, only LGBT member from California and the internet’s congressman.
11. Elizabeth Warren Slams Republicans for Shutting Down the Government
“Madam President, I come to the floor today in a state of disbelief…”
14. Love Spread Across the Nation
And the number of states where marriage equality is the law doubled.
These are just some of the many reasons to smile about 2013 and plan even greater things for 2014.
Mentions do not constitute endorsements in any primary.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻