22 Valentine's Day Gifts That Actually Aren't Corny
Giant gummy bears, anatomical clay pots, romantic terrariums, and 19 other gifts that will earn you much more than a courtesy thank you this year.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
3. A six-piece set of essential oils to fill their home with a seductive blend of lavender, tea tree, eucalyptus, lemongrass, orange and peppermint smells.
5. A Fellow Barber shaving kit with shave cream, aftershave tonic, and lotion, so that the only "burnin' up" they experience on Valentine's is the kind the Jonas Brothers sing about (not the razor-induced variety).
6. A witty book of illustrations detailing the things we do for love. (Just be prepared for your SO to treat every entry as a legally binding agreement.)
8. A mini terrarium with a hidden "gentle reminder," because you're so madly in love, you'd shout it from the mountaintops — inside a glass bottle, even — if you could.
10. A box of chocolate soaps, because, individually, soaps and chocolates are boring gifts, but when combined are rousing as hell.
11. A bamboo and chrome caddy that'll make their bathtub a place they'll never want to leave ... unless it's to pour another glass.
12. A vintage calendar perfect for your design-conscious SO whose preferred mode of transportation is bicycle.
13. A concrete heart planter, so they can watch a plant grow inside it (or die, tbh) like the love you have for them.
14. A leather luggage sticker to remind your SO that they're the apple of your eye and also the one balancing on your head.
16. Sculptural flower blocks, the rare gift that would please a grown adult and an infant in equal measure.
20. A romantic (or stressful, depending on the stage of your relationship) pennant they'll want to hang on their wall even if they're not a sports person.
21. A foot massager with built-in heat, because it's a life-improving gift your SO never knew they kneaded.
22. And a set of 12 vintage Valentine's bags, if you're looking to earn a little extra credit for presentation.
Ah, love is in the air.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.