2. A roomy canvas tote they can take along to the grocery store so there's no need to get a baggy at checkout.
3. A pack of reusable glass drinking straws, which'll give them the nudge they need to finally ditch the plastic.
4. Or a bamboo cutlery set that comes with a metal straw and cleaning brush (the whole sustainable fam!).
7. A book on the intersection of sustainability and contemporary design to give them a more holistic sense of living green.
9. Merkaela, a subscription box that comes packed with natural, organic, and chemical-free products.
10. A pack of degradable wheat straw-fiber plates for your clumsiest friend — customers confirm they are truly unbreakable.
11. A plastic-free phone case from Pela, the globally minded company that donates 5% of total sales to an environmental charity.
12. A pack of plant-based sponges that may not be the flashiest gift — but are certainly the most sparkling-clean.
18. The Homestead Box, a monthly subscription service that'll send them all the things they need to be self-sufficient (and, in turn, environmentally conscious).
21. An odorless, biomorphic (and stunningly attractive, IMO) composter that'll give them a home for their food scraps and a hardy meal for the worms.
24. A solid brass tea strainer to convert them to loose-leaf tea drinkers (and resist the urge to use bags).
25. A low-flow showerhead, because, hey, some people love a practical gift and this thing will save them up to 30% more energy and water (not to mention a whole lot on their utilities bills).
26. A set of recycled bamboo measuring cups and spoons so they can make a small but measurable difference.
27. A recycled bamboo serving tray to go with that so they can have breakfast in bed whenever they please.
Some reviews in this post have been edited for length and/or clarity.