29 Eco-Friendly Gifts You Can't Go Wrong With
Think macro this holiday season.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
2. A roomy canvas tote they can take along to the grocery store so there's no need to get a baggy at checkout.
3. A pack of reusable glass drinking straws, which'll give them the nudge they need to finally ditch the plastic.
4. Or a bamboo cutlery set that comes with a metal straw and cleaning brush (the whole sustainable fam!).
7. A book on the intersection of sustainability and contemporary design to give them a more holistic sense of living green.
9. Merkaela, a subscription box that comes packed with natural, organic, and chemical-free products.
10. A pack of degradable wheat straw-fiber plates for your clumsiest friend — customers confirm they are truly unbreakable.
11. A plastic-free phone case from Pela, the globally minded company that donates 5% of total sales to an environmental charity.
12. A pack of plant-based sponges that may not be the flashiest gift — but are certainly the most sparkling-clean.
18. The Homestead Box, a monthly subscription service that'll send them all the things they need to be self-sufficient (and, in turn, environmentally conscious).
21. An odorless, biomorphic (and stunningly attractive, IMO) composter that'll give them a home for their food scraps and a hardy meal for the worms.
24. A solid brass tea strainer to convert them to loose-leaf tea drinkers (and resist the urge to use bags).
25. A low-flow showerhead, because, hey, some people love a practical gift and this thing will save them up to 30% more energy and water (not to mention a whole lot on their utilities bills).
26. A set of recycled bamboo measuring cups and spoons so they can make a small but measurable difference.
27. A recycled bamboo serving tray to go with that so they can have breakfast in bed whenever they please.
Some reviews in this post have been edited for length and/or clarity.