We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A planter that's made with a blend of recycled wood and corn-derived bioplastic.
2. A roomy canvas tote they can take along to the grocery store so there's no need to get a baggy at checkout.
3. A pack of reusable glass drinking straws, which'll give them the nudge they need to finally ditch the plastic.
4. Or a bamboo cutlery set that comes with a metal straw and cleaning brush (the whole sustainable fam!).
5. A totally decomposable razor with a bamboo handle to combat the estimated 2 billion razors thrown into landfills every year.
6. A mosaic made of recycled aluminum beer cans that flicker in the wind.
7. A book on the intersection of sustainability and contemporary design to give them a more holistic sense of living green.
8. A waterproof Bluetooth speaker designed with FSC-certified wood and recyclable aluminum housing.
9. Merkaela, a subscription box that comes packed with natural, organic, and chemical-free products.
10. A pack of degradable wheat straw-fiber plates for your clumsiest friend — customers confirm they are truly unbreakable.
11. A plastic-free phone case from Pela, the globally minded company that donates 5% of total sales to an environmental charity.
12. A pack of plant-based sponges that may not be the flashiest gift — but are certainly the most sparkling-clean.
13. Nest, a smart thermostat to help them limit their energy usage right from their phone.
14. A waxed canvas lunch box that beats bringing wasteful materials to work every day.
15. A sleek travel tumbler so they can cut down on buying bottled beverages.
16. A pack of reusable crocheted mop covers if their wet-wipe use has gotten out of hand.
17. A bag of long-lasting, organic soap nuts to take the place of their standard laundry detergent.
18. The Homestead Box, a monthly subscription service that'll send them all the things they need to be self-sufficient (and, in turn, environmentally conscious).
19. A delightful set of "unpaper towels" they can use again and again.
20. A set of reclaimed record coasters for the audiophile in your life.
21. An odorless, biomorphic (and stunningly attractive, IMO) composter that'll give them a home for their food scraps and a hardy meal for the worms.
22. A motion-sensor smart light so their lights only stay on when they need them on.
23. A modern necklace made with sustainable vegetable resin.
24. A solid brass tea strainer to convert them to loose-leaf tea drinkers (and resist the urge to use bags).
25. A low-flow showerhead, because, hey, some people love a practical gift and this thing will save them up to 30% more energy and water (not to mention a whole lot on their utilities bills).
26. A set of recycled bamboo measuring cups and spoons so they can make a small but measurable difference.
27. A recycled bamboo serving tray to go with that so they can have breakfast in bed whenever they please.
28. A BuzzFeed Reviews-approved bidet, because using toilet paper in the year 2018 is honestly kinda shitty!
29. And a BPA-free bamboo bento box they can throw in the microwave and dishwasher.
*Takes a deep breath and pretends we are not hurdling toward a major climate crisis in 2040*
Some reviews in this post have been edited for length and/or clarity.