21 Things You Need In Your Life From Backcountry's Pre-Summer Sale
Run (or bike or rock-climb or kayak) — don't walk! — to these killer sales while supplies last!
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Remember the outdoors? I'm not sure I do after this brutal winter, but I was reminded of them today because Backcountry — the wildly underrated IMHO (in my humble opinion) outdoor recreation retailer — is having a very impressive Memorial Day sale. Starting today! It ends the 28th, with up to 50% off site-wide! Here are some of our faves to guide you along as you shop:
1. A women's lightweight rain jacket to prep for the inevitable summer showers that you don't want to think about now but will be glad you did later.
5. A pair of men's zion chino shorts with durable and moisture-wicking fabric — perfect for on the town or trail.
6. A Pendleton twill tote you'll want thrown on your shoulder as you head out for a lazy day in the park.
7. A leather Frye bi-fold wallet that looks like a million bucks (but is actually reasonably priced, and on sale!).
10. A pair of women's Scarpa backpacking boots, because these tough, weather-resistant boots will have you summer-strutting through the wilderness.
13. A versatile North Face backpack with a built-in laptop sleeve, a sunglasses pocket, and reflective details.
15. A pair of men's Nike running shoes with tons of cushioning, breathable uppers, and a modern design.
16. A lightweight sleeping pad that you can easily figure out how to inflate and deflate even if you're not an Eagle Scout.
18. A trendy Marmot duffel that has a laminated shell to protect it from rainy-day treks and a removable strap to make carrying as painless as possible.
21. A pair of men's Prana pants with spandexy nylon material that'll move with you instead of against you.
Some reviews in this post have been edited for length and/or clarity.