1. Nerds are trendsetters
We have all seen those thick-framed Warby Parker glasses go from geek-creep to Geek Chic. Now even people who don’t need frames wear them just to fit in. Nerds have gone from the followers to the Tweeters of fashion.
2. Nerds party harder than you
This is one area where we thought we had them beat. Then, much to our chagrin we have witnessed the rise of a new breed of brogrammers who “sling code” and party like frat boys. Now virtually every start-up gig advertises happy hours and office kegs. Beer pong anyone?
3. Nerds make $$$ and know how to save
Part of being smart is knowing how to play the system. Companies like Apple have figured out how to make billions and pay next to nothing in taxes. Apple CEO Tim Cook recently detailed, in his testimony to the Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, how he did this all legally — WOW score one for the nerds! Who’s the loser now America?
4. Nerds are smart
I know, I know, this is the obvious one! Nerds have always been smart, but smart has not always been cool. Now that nerds create the apps we play with and shape our digital habits, intelligence has officially made it into the cool zone.
5. Nerds rule the world
Have you seen Google Glass?
Or the Facebook Friendship Map?
How about the Big Bang Theory?
I rest my case.
About Coffee Meets Bagel (CMB): Every day at noon, we introduce you to one single with whom you share mutual friends. You have 24 hours to LIKE or PASS your match (aka “Bagels”). Mutual LIKE leads to direct connection via text message on a private phone line.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Donald Trump slammed the CIA after reports that the agency believes Russia used hacks to try to help him win.
- Rudy Giuliani is no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- Fire investigators have ruled out a refrigerator as the cause of a warehouse fire that killed 36 people in Oakland, California.
- The world's oldest known breeding seabird just laid another egg. Her name is Wisdom and she's 66 🐦