1. Last June, Disney announced that it would feature its first openly gay characters ever on the channel on an episode of Good Luck Charlie.
“This particular storyline was developed under the consultancy of child development experts and community advisors. Like all Disney Channel programming, it was developed to be relevant to kids and families around the world and to reflect themes of diversity and inclusiveness.”
3. Before they meet Taylor’s parents, Amy and Bob get confused because Amy thinks the mom’s name is Susan and Bob thinks her name is Cheryl. Turns out, Taylor has two moms.
4. They get introduced very nonchalantly and then Bob slowly figures it out and says, “Oh, Taylor has two moms.” Amy says, “Nothing gets past you, Bob.”
5. American Family Association’s One Million Moms freaked out.One Million Moms launched an email campaign last year and said:
Disney Channel has very few sponsors and advertisers on its network. Care.com was the only Disney Channel sponsor that was promoted during the January 19, 2014, newest episode of “Good Luck Charlie.” Care.com often sponsors programs on the Disney network.
An upcoming episode in this last season of “Good Luck Charlie” will feature a family with two moms, a first for Disney Channel. Because “Good Luck Charlie” is coming to a close, the characters are only expected to appear in one episode. However, one episode is enough, especially since the network repeatedly airs reruns of all its programs.
One Million Moms launched an email campaign in 2013 that urged Disney officials to abandon their plans to corrupt the children’s network with LGBT content. However, Disney officials have not responded to the thousands of emails protesting their plans. Disney has decided to be politically correct instead of providing family-friendly programming. Disney should stick to entertaining, not pushing an agenda.
Conservative families need to urge Disney to avoid controversial topics that children are far too young to comprehend. This is the last place a parent would expect their children to be confronted with topics that are too difficult for them to understand. Mature issues of this nature are being introduced too early and too soon, and it is extremely unnecessary.
6. Last night, some people were thrilled on Twitter.
12. But others weren’t so pleased.
14. The couple will only be on one episode because this is the last season of Good Luck Charlie.
- H.R. McMaster was due to retire from the Army. Now he holds what could become one of the most powerful positions in Washington.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- Chris Brown was ordered to stay away from his ex-girlfriend after he allegedly threatened to shoot and kill her, court documents show.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 🏃💞