1. This picture, taken by photographer Benjamin Von Wong, features a beached mermaid laying on top of 10,000 recycled plastic bottles.
“If the average American uses 167 plastic bottles a year, in 60 years they will have used 10,000 plastic bottles,” a statement on his website reads.
3. In addition to having a camera crew help him, Von Wong brought in a team of volunteers, a professional makeup artist, and an airbrusher.
The silicone tails were made by Canadian designer Cynthia Cyntault of Cyntault Créations, who made them specifically for the project.
4. “Hopefully people feel empowered by this series,” Von Wong told BuzzFeed.
He wants people to remember “that we can make a difference and make sure there are 10,000 less bottles in the ocean, rather than get depressed and think, ‘Oh, what difference will it make anyways.’”
- Top Democrats are demanding House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes remove himself from the investigation into Russian interference in the election.
- After Donald Trump and the Republicans spectacularly failed to repeal Obamacare, Wall Street now realizes that massive tax cuts may not happen 😅 💸
- Over 18,000 households in Flint, Michigan, will receive new water lines, more than two years after dangerous levels of lead were found in the city's water supply.
- Samsung announced plans to refurbish and sell some of the 4.3 million explosive Galaxy Note7 phones it recalled last year📱🔥