31 Splurge-Worthy Products Reviewers Swear By For Traveling
These useful products will make your vacation run smoother so you can properly enjoy your time off...and that's priceless.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An AirFly Pro wireless transmitter that you can plug into the TV screen on the airplane so you can actually use your wireless earbuds and not have to shell out extra cash to buy those wired headphones they sell on the plane.
2. A Dagne Dover duffle bag roomy enough to carry all of your necessities but small enough to fit under the seat in front of you. Anything that can help you avoid fighting over overhead bin space is a win in my book!
3. Or this leather duffle bag to match the refined, worldly traveler that you are. With a huge main compartment plus extra pockets on the side and front, this durable bag has enough room to comfortably fit a week's worth of clothes!
4. A travel belt for attaching your heavy purse or backpack to the top of your rolling suitcase so you can give your body some relief as you rush through the airport.
5. A pair of lightweight, waterproof Birkenstocks that are the perfect travel sandal because of how supportive and comfortable they are. Time to throw out those flimsy flip-flops you've been holding on to.
6. Or a pair of internet-beloved Adidas ~Cloudfoam~ workout sneakers poised to become your go-to travel shoe thanks to how comfy and breathable they are. They're also super lightweight, so they won't take up tons of space in your luggage.
The fabric basically molds to your feet, so it feels like your feet are constantly getting a lil' hug! These are also slip-on and slip-off for easy access!
Promising review: "I got these to wear on vacation as they seemed good for slipping on and off quickly at airports while also being good for light hiking (or TBH walking through the woods with kids). I wear them almost everywhere now. They are lightweight and comfortable, and cute, too!" —detentionplz
Get it from Amazon for $49+ (available in women's sizes 7.5–12 and three colors).
7. A waterproof Kindle Paperwhite so you can keep as many books as you want at your fingertips instead of having to lug around heavy hardcovers when you travel. Plus: The glare-free screen makes it great for beach reading.
8. A pair of AirPod Pros any traveler will fall in love with instantly, whether it's because of the charging case that holds 24 hours' worth of charge, the impressive noise-cancelling technology, or the in-ear fit that will stay put even if you fall asleep while wearing them on a plane (speaking from experience here!).
Promising review: "I wish I could give more than 5 stars. I’m a very picky person when it comes to what sounds are flooding my ears and I tell you, I’ve owned Bose and thought those were the game changers. I was more than pleasantly surprised at how these sound and fit. I’ve never used any Apple products in my ears, especially with the price of Apple nowadays. These are hands down the best earbuds I’ve ever owned! They stay perfectly in place through some rigorous working out as well!" —Renee N. Fregy
Get it from Amazon for $179.99.
Check out our full review of the Apple AirPods Pro here.
9. Or these Bose QC20 Earbuds with cleverly designed in-ear tips that also mold to your outer ear so they will stay on even if you're running to catch your flight. Reviewers say these are very good at canceling out *all* noise — even that crying baby two rows over.
10. A set of three hard-shell spinner suitcases that can be maneuvered through a busy airport just by pushing them instead of dragging them behind you. Also: They're sturdy enough that you can be confident while checking your bags that they'll come out without any damage.
11. An Away carry-on for anyone who hates checking a bag and wants a piece of luggage that can fit everything they need in it. This also has a TSA-approved ejectable battery so you can charge your phone at a moment's notice.
12. A Canon PowerShot digital camera if you're looking to step up your photography game but don't want to get a big, bulky professional camera that takes up too much space in your luggage. Reviewers say they're super impressed with how high quality their travel photos turned out when using this.
13. A set of six packing cubes that'll make the dreaded act of packing for a trip so much easier. You'll be so amazed at how much you can put in your suitcase when you use these!
14. A clear travel case so you see all of your toiletries at once, which comes in handy when you're headed straight to dinner after a long flight and are frantically trying to find your dry shampoo and mascara.
15. A travel adapter and voltage converter because nothing's worse than traveling overseas and realizing every electronic and hair appliance you packed won't fit into the plugs. Thankfully, this can convert American plug-ins in more than 150 countries.
16. A travel backpack so roomy, you might think you actually bought Mary Poppins's magical never-ending bag. It's basically a hybrid between a suitcase and a backpack, which means you can pack it full with as much stuff as you would put in a normal carry-on, but you have the convenience to carry it on your back.
17. A blanket from Rumpl designed to go everywhere you go: camping trips, on the beach, on a road trip. Built to feel like a sleeping bag, it's packable, insulated, repels sand, and is made out of 100% recycled material. OH! And you can wear it over you like a cape thanks to a front loop closure.
18. A PhoneSoap Smartphone Sanitizer & Universal Charger because I don't even want to THINK about all the microscopic grossness our phones pick up while we're traveling. The UV light in the gadget kills 99.99% of all bacteria on your phone's surface.
19. A smart Tile tracker that you can attach to your wallet or keys aka the two most important things you never want to lose while traveling. You'll be able to track your Tiles through an app on your smartphone.
20. A charger organizer big enough to keep every single cable, adapter, and pair of headphones in one place. It won't solve the problem of why we need a different charger for EVERY device we own, but it WILL make you a more organized traveler.
21. A travel stroller that folds down to such a small size, you could fit it in a backpack. It's great for long road trips where trunk space is limited or if you're going on a big family vacation and have enough bulky luggage to carry already.
22. A beach chair designed to sit super low to the ground so you can still have that relaxing feeling of sand on your toes and legs while sitting upright. If you're taking a road trip to a beach vacation, this is a must-have and so worth the trunk space.
23. An absolutely brilliant hoodie from Pond Los Angeles that has a sleeping mask built in to the hood. Are you about to be the most comfortable and well-rested person on your flight? Yes, yes you are.
It also has a secret pocket hidden inside the kangaroo pocket so you can safely store your keys or phone. Reviewers say it's oversized, so if you want a snugger fit, size down.
Pond Los Angeles is an Asian- and woman-owned small business that creates bags and clothing perfect for traveling.
Promising review: "I fly a lot and am constantly trying to find a hoodie with a big hood to cover my eyes so I can catch up on some beauty sleep on flight. I saw this product on Instagram and knew it would be a game changer. I was able to use it recently for the first time on an early morning flight and let me tell you, it is EVERYTHING I was looking for and more. It’s comfy, cozy, oversized, and the eye covers make you feel like you’re in a whole other world and not packed like a sardine on a plane. My over-ear headphones fit perfectly under it and I got the best sleep I’ve had on a plane — EVER!" —Heather G.
24. A portable charger that can hold around five full charges for your cellphone. It has two USB ports, so you could even charge two devices at once. Never be with a dead electronic device again!
25. A waterproof Bluetooth speaker to blast your favorite Spotify playlist you made whether you're on a camping trip, at your Airbnb's pool, or just having an impromptu dance party in your hotel. It can connect up to two smartphones at once and it can last for 12 hours of play time on just one charge.
26. A portable espresso maker so you never have to go without your morning caffeine as you hit the road. Also: You'll be saving so much money in the long run by skipping a trip to the coffee shop.
27. A four-wheel carry-on bag that's small enough to fit comfortably under the seat in front of you but big enough to hold everything you'll need to access during a long flight. It also has a sleeve in the back so it can attach to a rolling suitcase.
28. A 40-ounce S'well water bottle with a wide-mouth opening and a carrying handle so you can always stay hydrated whether you're on a road trip or a long flight (ain't no way you're paying for that expensive water bottle in the terminal!). The triple-layer vacuum insulation will keep your drinks cold for up to 60 hours.
29. A mini white-noise machine, because a good night's sleep is important, especially if you're traveling for business or have a full itinerary the next day. You'll slumber peacefully as this machine drowns out the sounds of rowdy next-door neighbors or loud street noises.
30. A reversible, packable puffer jacket that actually folds up to the size of a travel pillow for on-the-go support when you're taking a power nap on a train or bus. Because it's reversible, it's basically like having two jackets in one, which is especially great when you're trying to pack light.
Promising review: "I had been looking for a bomber jacket for awhile. I came across this one and decided to give it a try. I was more than impressed. It's warm without being too thick. I travel a lot, so I love that it becomes a pillow and saves me loads of packing space. A real steal at the price" —Ian P.
Get it from Summersalt for $95 (available in women's sizes XS–2X and in two colors).
31. A JetKids ride-on carry-on suitcase so your kid can scoot through the airport as you search for your gate. Once you board, the top can fold out to be a leg rest or a bed for your kiddo. Genius!
It's recommended for kids ages 3–7 and fits most standard economy seats. Plus, it has an adjustable strap so you can carry it over your shoulder, a top handle, and a mattress inside that can be removed and used while in the flight. Parents have even used this product while in the airport waiting for the flight to keep their kids comfy and happy.
Promising review: "I had been in the market for over a year for a suitcase for my toddler that was both fun and functional. Prior to COVID, my husband, daughter, and I were near-monthly fliers traveling frequently on both short and long-haul flights. I rarely brought my daughter's own suitcase as most suitcases simply created another object to carry while trying to navigate an airport with a toddler, and multiple pieces of luggage. The Bedbox solves that problem, creating both an easy place to store the necessary items for your child and a fun ride-along for them in the airport (i.e., no more waiting what feels like hours for the constantly distracted toddler to walk with me through the airport). My 3-year-old's favorite features of this suitcase were the ability to decorate her own suitcase and the ride-on option. I actually had to hide the suitcase in our house when it's not in use so that she wouldn't constantly ask for a ride! The suitcase rolls smoothly and has a perfectly placed handle for the little ones to hold on to for support. It's stylish and durable, holding essential toys and other items for short or long haul flights. My favorite feature is the seat pad and ability to convert any seat into a toddler bed. The padding is soft and comfortable and will allow for naps on flights or even just a more comfortable play area for mobile toddlers." —LissaGitt