15 Mind-Blowing Things You Probably Didn't Know About Spencer And Heidi From "The Hills"
Speidi up your life.
Everyone feels like they know Spencer and Heidi. And why wouldn't they? The world enthusiastically watched them play themselves (aka the "villains") on MTV's The Hills for six seasons.
However, Complex recently caught up with the couple at their California home as they revealed some interesting facts about themselves and The Hills that might change the way you think of Speidi forever:
1. Spencer and Heidi's home office's walls are covered with nearly all of the magazine and tabloid covers they have ever been on.
2. And a Lego portrait of their book cover, How To Be Famous, greets guests above the staircase of their home.
3. Spencer, who first become infatuated with crystals during season six of The Hills, has a large crystal collection on display in their home. This collection includes a massive Citrine crystal, which is supposed to bring wealth.
4. Spencer and Heidi still insist Lauren, and her then-boyfriend Jason Wahler, DID make a sex tape together.
5. If Heidi could go back in time, she'd respond to Lauren's famous words "You know what you did!" with, "Bitch, you know what you did!"
“Today, I would be like, ‘Bitch, you know what you did,” Heidi says.
6. Spencer says Lauren and Hills creator Adam DiVello worked together to create a negative depiction of him and Heidi:
"Lauren is a cold-hearted killer. That's what people don't get. She will cut you in your sleep," says Spencer. "She tried to destroy us. If you want to throw missiles, I'm throwing a nuke. This is how I operate."
7. Speidi's only regret about doing The Hills is what it did to their relationships with their families. Spencer isn't on speaking terms with his Hills co-star and sister, Stephanie Pratt...
8. ...While Spencer's mother is a "Lauren supporter:"
"She's like, 'Mark Cuban says on Shark Tank that you shouldn't help your kids.' I'm like, 'Mark Cuban can go jump off a freaking cliff for all I care.'"
9. Spencer and Heidi yelled at Ryan Seacrest for playing Heidi's song "Body Language," even though they were trying to launch her pop career.
10. Spencer went to Princeton as part of a developmental program for soccer, but left after only two weeks because he was unable to "adjust from busy LA to the quiet New Jersey suburbs."
11. Spencer says Kris Jenner approached him to manage a young Kim Kardashian after he gave Kim's first taste of reality television on Princes of Malibu.
"She can deny it if she wants, but she comes up to me and is like, 'Spencer, I want you to manage Kim.' I literally started laughing," Spencer says. "What is this lady talking about?"
12. Also, according to Spencer, Kim would come over and organize Heidi's closet:
"She used to call Heidi to organize Heidi's closet. Kim was edited out of Hills episodes organizing Heidi's closet. Now it's like, 'Kim Kardashian breaks the internet with her booty.' Like, what the fuck?"
13. There's more to come of Spencer and Heidi — they have a new potential WeTV reality show in the works. According to Spencer, “If you don’t have your own show, as far as I’m concerned, you are not famous.”
14. Even though many relationships that were profiled on The Hills may have been fabricated (to say the least), Spencer and Heidi really do love each other:
"I'm so obsessed with my husband," Heidi says. "I love to rub his feet. I love to brush his hair. I love him so deeply and would do everything 100 times over to be with him. That's it." Spencer plays it cool for the moment, but earlier he said something similar to me when Heidi was in another room of their house: "Only God would bring Heidi into my life. I don't think I deserve someone who is really that sweet. For me, that's my miracle."
15. And, probably the most important takeaway, Spencer wants to name their first child "Spider," no matter the sex of the child:
"Who is going to pick on Spider in school, especially if it's a girl," Spencer exclaims. "We'll see," Heidi replies.