16 Questions About "Arthur" You Looked Over As A Child
Is Elwood City full of discrimination and homophobia?
1. As we all know, Arthur is an a-a-r-d-v-a-r-k, so why the fuck doesn't he resemble an aardvark?
I understand the show centers around anthropomorphic animals drawn to give them human characteristics, but Arthur looks nothing like an aardvark in the way the other characters look like the animals they represent!!!!
2. And how they hell does Arthur's glasses stay on his face if the legs of his glasses don't rest on his ears?
3. If Binky's a bulldog and has anthropomorphic qualities like the rest of the animals in Elwood City, why isn't Arthur's dog Pal anthropomorphic? Why can't he speak and function like Binky?
Not to mention Prunella and Fern, who are also dogs.
4. Why do we only see some animals as characters in the show? Is there segregation and deep-seated discrimination between different animal groups in Arthur's world?
5. ...And/or is there a bigger issue here? We've seen characters eat burgers, hot dogs, and chicken on the show — does that imply cows, pigs, and chickens live traditional livestock lives as the discriminated minority, simply raised to feed the mouths of the other animals who rank themselves above them?
Is that why we only see *some* animals, because the others are raised to be slaughtered and eaten?