22 Real Questions Twentysomethings Still Ask Their Moms
“Is this bump normal or should I start planning my funeral?”
1. "I just ate hummus that expired a month ago. Am I going to die?"
2. "How do you shorten pants? How do you thread a bobbin? Is this witchcraft?"
3. "How do I wash my clothes that say 'dry clean only'?"
4. "Whenever I put anything in the microwave: 'How long do I heat this up for?'"
5. “WTF is business casual?! Is that like yoga pants and a briefcase?”
6. "I just tried to plug the dryer in, and I think I electrocuted myself. Am I going to die? Will I be OK? Why do I smell like burnt hair? Do I need to go to the ER?"
7. "Mom, how do I insurance?"
8. "I’m in the grocery store — where is the tomato juice? Wait, why is it not with the other tomato products?"
9. "So, do delicates go on the cold cycle or is that only whites? Do you use bleach only for whites or can it be used for all clothes?"
10. “What should I make for dinner? I have ____, ____, and ____.”
11. "Me: Mum, you sure it’s OK to leave the crockpot on even when I leave the house? Mum: Yes! It’ll be fine, the house won’t burn down! Me: But then why will the house burn down if I leave the coffee pot on? Mum: …It just will, OK?!"
12. “What should I give my elderly neighbor who gave me handmade placemats?”
13. "How do I boil chicken? You just stick it in the pot? Are you sure? This doesn't seem right. Why is it still pink?"
"Pretty sure I called her 45 times that night." —Clarissa Harris High