Shana began collaging in the summer of 2009. She would go to the Truro Swap Shop, locally known as the dump, and get all the free magazines and books she wanted. For the next six months she accumulated thousands of images, which she painstakingly organized by category.
Her first celebrity collage work began during that summer. “We didn’t have internet or television in the shack, so I would buy a tabloid magazine each week to keep up with the outside world. The first celebrities I worked with were Miley Cyrus, during her Hannah Montana phase, and Justin Bieber.”
Kanye recently shared his new video, featuring his fiancée, Kim Kardashian, on Ellen. The video has the couple riding on a motorcycle against various nature scenes, including majestic landscapes and picturesque skies. This style emulates the art of collage: assembling different types of imagery and compiling them on top of one another.
5. Let’s see how they compare:
14. Kim is Shana’s favorite celeb to collage.
15. She first featured her in a minizine called World Class, in March 2012:
- President Obama zinged the media and the field of presidential contenders before dropping the mic at his final White House Correspondents' Dinner 🎤
- A state of emergency was declared in Baghdad as protesters breached the fortified "Green Zone," home to most ministries and embassies in the city.
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯