21 Times People Used The Internet Before It Was Invented
Ever feel like the Internet has been around forever? Turns out you were right.
1. Over 400 years before Facebook, German college students had a social network called the Book of Friends.
2. In the 18th century, people looked at the world through real-life Instagram filters.
3. These English aristocrats were sexting each other 250 years before Snapchat.
4. Rembrandt's selfie game was off the charts.
5. People were totally obsessed with GIFs in the 19th century.
Check out more of these phenakistocopes – an early animation technique – in the Richard Balzer Collection.