Seeing a repost from Reddit on BuzzFeed can be mildly annoying.
The situation brings about some interesting questions like, “why bother going to BuzzFeed when I’ve already seen it on Reddit?”
And, “why bother reposting something from Reddit onto BuzzFeed when there’s an auto-generated Reddit Top Links feed on BuzzFeed already?”
Even though we’ll openly admit that much of our content on BuzzFeed has been reposted from Reddit, the worst culprits of Reddit reposts are Redditors themselves.
Without further ado, here are…
10 Images You Never Need To Repost On Reddit.*
* This is not a comprehensive list. Chances are, you can think of hundreds of other images that have been reposted far too many times. Feel free to share them in the comments.
…. And it was reposted
… and reposted
And reposted more.
Lo and behold! It’s back again. Cool pic, bro.
Hey! Hey you! Did you see this hilarious picture of a cat in an Abercrombie bag? Are you sure you’ve seen it?!
Let me just make sure you’ve seen it by posting it 15 more times.
HAHA! Do you get it, guys? It’s funny because it’s called a space bar… and he’s an astronaut.. drinking… and it’s like the words have a double meaning.
Here, maybe you’ll think it’s funny if I show it to you just a… no no. Don’t try to stop me. I’m gonna show you just a few… more… times.
My favorite part is how Sarax11, the one who reposted it the most recently gave it the title “This one took awhile..” as though she actually created it.
Fuck you, Sarax11. Fuck you.
Redditor “preggit” posted this 10 months ago. The word “our” implies that “preggit” posted the image. Probably.
But one go-round is never good enough, is it?
If its any consolation, at least someone added Chewie’s ammo-carrier thingie to the image along the way.
Yes, this is adorable and funny. Thousands already think so.
I’ll admit, I thought this was really clever when I first saw it.
The fact that the top-rated instance of this photo that I could find is only 1 day old speaks VOLUMES about Reddit’s ability to detect and deal with reposts.
- Criticized previously for not forcefully speaking out, Donald Trump condemned anti-Semitism after bomb threats were reported at 11 Jewish centers.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- President Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- West Elm pulled the Peggy Couch from its site after years of scathing customer reviews and complaints of buttons popping off 🙈