WASHINGTON, D.C. — Ellen DeGeneres, with wife Portia de Rossi at her side, received the 15th annual Mark Twain Prize for American Humor at the Kennedy Center on Monday.
What became quickly apparent — captured on video by Metro Weekly — is what fans have long known: Everyone loves Ellen.
Here’s what some of the best in the business had to say:
7. But one guy was a bit confused …
8. Ellen, though, takes it all in stride …
9. Metro Weekly’s video from the Awards:
- Trump gave a speech in Gettysburg, PA that was billed as a major policy address. He mainly focused on his usual grievances 🔴
- A right-leaning nonprofit is planning to place news articles critical of Clinton in black newspapers ahead of the election 📰
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘