WASHINGTON, D.C. — Ellen DeGeneres, with wife Portia de Rossi at her side, received the 15th annual Mark Twain Prize for American Humor at the Kennedy Center on Monday.
What became quickly apparent — captured on video by Metro Weekly — is what fans have long known: Everyone loves Ellen.
Here’s what some of the best in the business had to say:
7. But one guy was a bit confused …
8. Ellen, though, takes it all in stride …
9. Metro Weekly’s video from the Awards:
- Donald Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- President Barack Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good 🛀