16 Cosy And Romantic Ways To Spend Christmas In London
The weather outside is frightful, but London's still delightful.
1. Have a Christmassy afternoon tea.
2. Take a carriage ride through Richmond Park.
3. Stroll through Kew Gardens' wintery wonderland.
Whether it's a white Christmas or just a forest-green one, wandering around the gorgeous Kew Gardens lit just for Christmas will transport you to a whole other world.
4. Stroll beneath the beautiful central-London Christmas lights.
5. Settle in for a festive reading.
Charles Dickens was a Londoner who knew a little something about Christmas, and there's nothing like cosying up in the Guildhall Library to hear his Christmas story The Chimes read aloud.
6. Get lost in the Vauxhall Christmas Tree Maze.
8. Have a luxury film night at the W in Leicester Square.
Curl up with a special someone at the W Hotel's Festival Cinema for a special Christmas screening of holiday cult classic The Nightmare Before Christmas on 23 December that features holiday cocktails and mince pie popcorn.
9. Lace up your skates.
10. Enjoy seasonal treats and mulled wine along the Thames.
11. Hear live Christmas music at Royal Albert Hall.
13. Visit a London Christmas Market.
14. Enjoy a Christmas Eve visit to Windsor Castle.
Windsor Castle is open throughout the Christmas season except Christmas Day and Boxing Day, and it's a lovely place for a festive day tour. In the evening, the exterior is beautifully lit, and the inside is decked out in Christmas decorations to make your tour extra special.
15. Admire Trafalgar Square's Christmas tree with a hot chocolate.
16. See a festive film in Hyde Park.
The Hyde Park LookOut screens holiday films during December, so have a walk into the park's depths to find this quirky little theatre and enjoy a festive movie night out.
Christmas films at the LookOut are sold out, but keep an eye out and give the box office a call in case cancellations come up!