1. Once upon a time...
2. ...in a not-so-far away land...
3. ...was the most charming fairy tale village in the whole world.
4. It's not Disneyland.
5. It's not the Riviera.
6. Or Oz's Munchkin Land.
7. It's Portmeirion, Wales.
8. That's right, this fairy tale paradise is on the west coast of Britain.
9. The magical north Wales village was built in 1925.
10. It was designed by architect Clough Williams-Ellis, and it took him 50 years to complete.
11. He hoped to enhance the natural beauty of the area rather than spoil it with development.
12. The holiday resort town is one of the most romantic places in Wales.
13. The whole place seems ripped out of the pages of a bedtime story.
14. There's an undeniable sense of fantastical mystery around every corner.
15. Just look at the gorgeous colour and landscaping.
16. You can practically hear the Disney birds chirping.
17. Even if the charming city centre isn't your cup of tea...
18. ...there are plenty of gorgeous views of the sea to take in.
19. You can even climb up the lovely seaside tower for spectacular views.
20. Seriously. Spectacular.
21. You can venture deep into the surrounding woodland...
22. ... or take stroll along the coast.
23. All of Portmeirion's tunnels and archways make every step seem like a new adventure.
24. You never know what you might find.
25. There's plenty of secluded spots to escape and daydream.
26. You must wander the picturesque gardens...
27. ...and make a wish in the wishing well.
28. Portmeirion = your wish come true.
Learn more about Portmeirion, or start planning your trip here.