1. Make a play date at Draught's board game café.
2. Or take it to the next level at Four Quarters.
If a controller is more your style than a pair of dice, head for the Four Quarters in Peckham. The bar is decked out with video games from all eras and has a pretty delicious menu to boot.
3. Get creative at Drink, Shop & Do.
This charming café by day, bar by night hosts activities ranging from crafts to dance nights to Lego robot wars, so you're bound to find something great to do during the drizzle.
4. Catch a film.
Nothing says movie night like a rainy day. London has a treasure trove of independent cinemas, each with their own personality and often running special screenings and marathons in addition to the latest blockbusters. Check out some of the best screens in the city here.
5. Take a boozy tour.
6. Browse your heart out at BooksForFree.
7. Spend some time at Ziferblat.
8. Try out brass rubbing at St Martin-in-the-Fields.
Descend into the crypt at St Martin-in-the-Fields to visit its lovely and unique café, and for the chance to try your hand at the historical art of brass rubbing. For £4.50 you can learn the trade and take your work home with you.
9. Escape the room on a HintHunt.
11. Admire clearer skies at the Greenwich Planetarium.
12. Have a ball at a bowling lane.
13. Curl up at the British Library.
14. Get crafty at the Pottery Café.
Let the rain inspire you to get creative with a day out to the Pottery Cafés in Fulham and Battersea. This fun-for-all-ages treat is a great way to make personalised gifts for an upcoming birthday, or just to populate your own home with unique works of art and good memories.
15. Take cover at a market.
16. Go full-on frozen at an indoor ice rink.
17. Drown your rainy day sorrows in bottomless brunch.
When all else fails, indulge in some comfort food until the rain goes away for another day. These bottomless boozy brunches will keep you full and out of the rain for as long as you want – not to mention getting you properly tipsy!