1. Get drunk on words at Book Slam.
Book Slam is London's premier night out for literature lovers. London's "first/best/only literary night club" is a great way to spend a dry night. While booze is served, there's so much more to focus on at Book Slam's events, like live readings, music, signings, and round tables, that you won't miss holding a glass in your hand.
2. Grab dinner and virgin drinks at the dry vegan bar Redemption.
3. Enjoy endless tea, biscuits, games, and more at Ziferblat on Old Street.
This charming pay-by-the-minute cafe gives you unlimited access to boardgames, workshops, tea, coffee, snacks, and a relaxed, friendly vibe to wait out the dry month. The fee is just 5p a minute (£3 an hour), and is open 'til 11pm seven days a week, making it the perfect alternative to the pub.
4. Rack up the points at Bar Kick.
5. Have a stretch and some supper with the Secret Yoga Club.
For a clean and refreshing evening, keeps tabs on this elusive and nomadic night out. Every month, SYC meets at a different venue and hosts a yoga session followed by a gourmet meal. January's event will be in Dalston in conjunction with Free People activewear.
6. Treat yourself to a luxurious hot chocolate at Said.
7. Go for a different kind of cocktail at the Cereal Killer Café.
8. Hit the lanes or the rink at Queens Ice and Bowl.
9. Opt for pots, not pints, at Yumchaa.
10. Soak up the famous mocktail mai tai at Trader Vic's.
If you can withstand temptation, grab dinner and drinks at Green Park's beloved Japanese restaurant Trader Vic's. The hot spot is famous for its signature mai tais, but word on the street is that the virgin version is just as good, and will keep you on track for dry January and, even better, fresh for an early morning the next day.
11. Drink (tea), shop, and do at Drink, Shop, Do.
12. Keep your wits about you on a Time Run.
This "escape the room"-style adventure requires your best self to win, so you'll be glad not to be weighed down with booze while you're racing the clock to escape and claim your prize.
13. Settle in to a marathon at the Prince Charles Cinema.
14. Enjoy the whimsy (and the chocolate fondue) at Choccywoccydoodah.
15. Self-improve at the School of Life.
Why stop your ~new year, new you~ smugness at giving up alcohol this month? Head to the delightful and welcoming School of Life for one of their many personal development workshops or inspiring events.
16. Beat your high score at Four Quarters.
Bring your A game (aka your alcohol-free game) to Peckham's fun and retro arcade bar. While the temptation to booze it up might be there, the urge to dominate your opponents will be stronger. Who needs to drink when you can WIN?