1. Cleaning out my room, my mom came across this important document from my past:
(Wonder if the P.O. box is still active.)
2. And inside, the first and only fan letter I ever wrote:
Also: a pretty strong indicator that I would one day work at BuzzFeed. Britney! And cat stationery!
3. In case you can’t read my 10-year-old self’s handwriting, here it is (spelling and grammar mistakes intact):
I would just like to say you are one of a kind. With your music and dancing, it really makes you stand out (in a good way of course). Your a great romodel (sorry if I spelled that wrong) for young girls today because you are a normal teen just with a not-so-common job. You keep in touch with your family, which is great. And today you see extremely skiny girl singers that make some girls want to look that way, but when you come on your skinny but not like you starved yourself, like you worked hard at it. Good luck in the future!
4. Wahoo! I’m finally sending this letter 14 years later! I bet Britney would be proud.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.