2. “Be a good amount of nervous, like me!”
3. Be a little opportunistic.
“I basically come to auditions for the free food.”
4. Don’t be worried if someone who looks just like you is also auditioning for the same role. They’re lookin’ for you!
5. Know your best feature.
“Oh, me? My toes are to die for!”
6. Try to ignore the dozens of people judging you. You got this!
7. Put on a smile when you meet your director.
8. If people offer hugs backstage, it’s ok to have one. We all need it every now and then.
9. Focus on the food.
10. Stay polite, no matter what.
“I always wave good-bye, even if I didn’t get the part.”
11. Even if you’re up for the same part, always be nice to your fellow audition-ers.
12. Get to know your potential future castmates early on; they’ll become your family!
13. Always remember the people who helped you get where you are today.
14. Remain calm!
“If I freak out, I might pee, so I try not to freak out.”
16. Make sure your headshots are up-to-date.
17. Stay cool in front of news crews.
18. Relax! You’re a star!
Photos by Chelsea Marshall for BuzzFeed.
For more information on You Can’t Take It With You, click here.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall on Friday was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.