2. “Be a good amount of nervous, like me!”
3. Be a little opportunistic.
“I basically come to auditions for the free food.”
4. Don’t be worried if someone who looks just like you is also auditioning for the same role. They’re lookin’ for you!
5. Know your best feature.
“Oh, me? My toes are to die for!”
6. Try to ignore the dozens of people judging you. You got this!
7. Put on a smile when you meet your director.
8. If people offer hugs backstage, it’s ok to have one. We all need it every now and then.
9. Focus on the food.
10. Stay polite, no matter what.
“I always wave good-bye, even if I didn’t get the part.”
11. Even if you’re up for the same part, always be nice to your fellow audition-ers.
12. Get to know your potential future castmates early on; they’ll become your family!
13. Always remember the people who helped you get where you are today.
14. Remain calm!
“If I freak out, I might pee, so I try not to freak out.”
16. Make sure your headshots are up-to-date.
17. Stay cool in front of news crews.
18. Relax! You’re a star!
Photos by Chelsea Marshall for BuzzFeed.
For more information on You Can’t Take It With You, click here.
- Arkansas has carried out the first double execution since 2000. The state had scheduled 8 executions before a key drug expires.
- "Stealthing," or purposefully removing a condom during sex without consent, has become a new trend — victims say it is another form of assault.
- The same Russian hackers who interfered in the 2016 US presidential election are now active in German and French politics 💻
- A popular app changed the name of a filter after people complained it whitewashes them. The filter still lightens your skin though 🤔