by , ,
17 Classy Tips For Your First Wine And Cheese Party
According to the Shiba Sommelier, of course!
"Hi, I'm the Shiba Sommelier, welcome to my home! Are you ready to learn how to throw a party on the cheap?"
1. "Flowers are a cheap and simple way to make your place look classy for a wine and cheese party."
2. "I chose a fall theme but kept a sun flower to add some life to the mix."
3. "Colors really help brighten up the place!! Do you like it??"
4. "Once you fix your flowers, it's time to start tasting your wines."
5. "Smell can be just as an important component as taste."
6. "Be sure to swish the wine around your mouth to really get the taste of each wine."
7. "Think really hard before committing to one: it's important."
8. "Lick your lips when you feel like you've found the one!"
9. "I get so happy when I've found the right wine and you will too!"
10. "It's important to also have some reds as an option."
11. "When in doubt: serve both. Personally, I had a hard time picking so that's what I did!"
12. "Shibas are really good at solving problems like that so I suggest having one on hand."
13. "The last step is putting together a very refined cheese plate."
14. "I chose some brie, herbed goat cheese, and a cheddar bleu cheese but you can choose whatever cheese you like!"
15. "Just like the wine, it's very important to try all of the cheese beforehand. Don't be afraid of really getting into it."
16. "Then you're done! Look at my classy set-up!"
17. "Happy Guests = Happy Host!"
"Thanks for stopping by!"
You can follow more of the Shiba Sommelier's antics and wine critiques here!