1. In February the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) requested a statement from PC Peach, not knowing that the officer was actually a police dog. This was the result:
The CPS was not amused but the police union stood by the human officer who wrote it saying, “It’s a difficult time for police and sometimes humor is a way of venting frustrations.”
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.
- British banks got hit hard, and their European peers were hit even harder.
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."