1. When you wave to someone you don't know and then try to play it cool.
2. Or when you start laughing really hard and no one else is amused.
3. When your stomach starts to make noises in the middle of an otherwise quiet room.
4. Actually farting.
5. Falling asleep in an inappropriate place.
6. Taking a dump in a public restroom and someone goes into the stall next to you.
7. Leaving the bathroom with toilet paper on your butt or shoe or really, any part of your person.
8. That whole, "hug or kiss on the cheek, shit this turned into a real kiss" confusion.
9. Bad breath.
10. Tripping and then playing it cool.
There's just no recovering from that no matter how hard you try.
11. Tripping and then NOT playing it cool.
At least you accepted how awkward this is?
12. Falling in holes.
Look, it's awkward 'cause it would probably hurt and I wouldn't wish it on my greatest enemy.
13. Doing something silly and your friend ignores it, making you seem like a real a-hole.
If you act like an asshole and no one sees it, are you still an asshole? YES, BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH YOURSELF.
14. A child making fun of you.
15. Saying bye to someone and realizing you're going in the same direction.
16. Spitting on/getting spit on in a conversation. Especially with an acquaintance.
"IF YOU'RE NOT MENTIONING IT, SHOULD I MENTION IT? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW?"
17. Getting into a crowded elevator, facing the opposite direction of everyone else, and not being able to turn around.
18. Getting cut off by the bartender and you aren't even drunk.
19. Not correcting someone when they mispronounce your name and then you end up getting to know them and every time they say "Kelsey" instead of "Chelsea" it's painfully awkward.
20. Getting stuck in anything but especially things meant for children.
Why did you even try to fit in that swing?