1. They’re pretty adorable as babies.
2. And grow up to have wonderful smiles.
3. They’re true Californians.
They’re the only carnivores native to California.
4. They’re comfortable with their “big fish in a small pond” situation.
They’re the smallest of canids but the biggest land animal on the Channel islands.
5. They take adorable couple shots.
They actually are very monogamous animals who mate for life! High five to you, loyal foxes!
6. They hunt during the day ‘cause they’re not afraid.
Unlike many foxes, they are not nocturnal hunters because their natural predators do not hunt during the day.
7. They can see into your soul.
8. The Chumash believed foxes to be sacred animals, even dream helpers.
- Golf legend Arnold Palmer has died at 87. Known as "The King," his unusual style and charisma changed the game.
- Monday night's presidential debate may be the last hope for environmental activists who want climate in the national conversation.
- US officials have determined al-Qaeda likely influenced suspected New York City bomber Ahmad Khan Rahami.