1. They’re pretty adorable as babies.
2. And grow up to have wonderful smiles.
3. They’re true Californians.
They’re the only carnivores native to California.
4. They’re comfortable with their “big fish in a small pond” situation.
They’re the smallest of canids but the biggest land animal on the Channel islands.
5. They take adorable couple shots.
They actually are very monogamous animals who mate for life! High five to you, loyal foxes!
6. They hunt during the day ‘cause they’re not afraid.
Unlike many foxes, they are not nocturnal hunters because their natural predators do not hunt during the day.
7. They can see into your soul.
8. The Chumash believed foxes to be sacred animals, even dream helpers.
- Siege at Bangladesh cafe ends with 20 hostages dead, military officials say. Six gunmen were killed and 13 captives were rescued.
- Votes are being counted after Australia went to the polls in an election that could mean big things for marriage equality and the Great Barrier Reef 🇦🇺
- The Obama administration, which has been notoriously secretive about its drone policy, said drone strikes have killed up to 116 civilians.